Monday 3 October 2011

Poster images


For my poster I had initially planned to do a half/half image that showed half of each characters face, after trying many different compositions, it became very complicated and difficult. Below is an image of two photographs that I have tried to merge together. I want my image to link together well and look natural, this is an image that I have found that is quite similar to what I have been trying to create, on one side she looks pale and dramatic, with bold black make up similar to what I had drawn on our actress - it has quite a scary, high fashion look, and on the other side we see something that looks more natural. She has straight hair and tanned skin, there is a clear distinction between the two halves as the skin tones are very different. However you can tell it is the same model as the cheekbones, eyes, nose and lips are even - which is how I have been trying to get my image to look. I have now decided to use this method for my poster, instead of connecting two images, I will apply two different make up styles on each half of our actress' face so that like this image each half of her face looks like a different person.

Below are some of my previous attempts before coming up with a much simpler idea:

Putting this image together was very difficult, as the hairline and features must match and in this image they do not. I will continue to try putting the images together and hopefully find a way to make them link.
In this image I like both expressions - I have used an old photo that we had taken in the summer on the right, it was intended to be our characters mugshot - I like the dark fierce glare the character gives as it is striking and sinister.
The left side shows one of the more recent images that we had taken - the characters eyes are a strong, bold blue - which I made brighter using photo shop, the dramatic eye make up really stands out, I like both of these images but the are not of a similar size or angle to match together.

This is an image which I had edited the colours on, I wanted the eyes to look bold and striking, so I used the colour editing tools to make the blue of her eyes much brighter than before. I also changed the colour of the background to make the image look more gloomy, also the colour of the background matches her eyes, which I thought was very effective. I like the impact of this image, it looks strange and surreal whereas before it looked quite plain and dull, I was able to make the image look more gloomy and ghostly, which I think has made it look much better.


Here is a more progressed poster image, I am still finding the composition increasingly difficult, this time I have used a quarter of three different images and have pieced them together (I plan to use a quarter of four images this is just an experiment). However as I have used an older photo (on the right) I have found that this persona is not really recognisable in the trailer. Also the two characters looked quite similar - something that I did not want, I wanted there to be a clear difference between the character and the fact that two halves of the face were different from one another would make it look more surreal.
This image that I have edited creates an entirely different effect from the first manipulated image of the mental home patient. The eyes are a much darker shade of blue, making the character look somewhat sinister and dark. I think this is good because it shows that there is a darker side to the mental home patient. The green in the background created a rather grungy effect, the character looks less sweet and innocent and more vengeful and evil. The colour of her outfit, the bold, bright white, makes her seem pure and innocent, but her facial expression and the dark background contradicts that. I like this because her image in general makes her seem innocent, her childlike face, blue eyes and white dress. But her expression shows another side to her, so it rightly hints that this girl is not all she appears to be. The lighting shines directly one her face making her face strikingly visible, it also makes her have quite a ghostly vibe.

 This is one of the more scary images, before it was edited I think it looked messy,
but after I changed the brightness and contrast it looked more striking and unusual. In this image the hair is covering the face, and looks tangled and messy, showing that the character could be uncared for, her face is revealed through the hair - she looks shocked and angry, her eyes are wide open and this, gives a very haunting, ghostly effect. It is almost like she is hiding herself behing her hair and her 'mask' has been revealed, explaining her shocked, angry expression. The white again could be symbolic - in this image it looks heavenly, suggesting that the girl could actually be a ghost her body disappears into the background, as if to suggest the girl is un-human. The face in this image is striking as it looks slightly out of place in the background, making the image look more surreal, which I do like. The white looks angelic and pure, making a viewer assume that this girl is superhuman, or innocent, which is not in fact true, so the image would trick the reader as they would make assumptions on the character, making them curious as to what she is really like.

This image is of our trailer's villain, I have changed the brightness of this image to make the face really stand out, the eyes have also been changed to look more bold and bright - reflecting innocence which contradicts against this scary image.
This image is very direct and frightening so manipulating the colour just made it stand out even more. The cold and purple in the eye make up is made to stand out more showing the characters eccentric style. The colours of the make up contrast against the girls bright white skin making the image even more eye catching.
This next image, I made to look much brighter I made the eyes look a shocking, unusually bright blue, making the character look more scary and giving the eyes a strong impact making them the main focus. The flowers are bright and bold a make the colours in the image strong and dominant - I wanted and image to be really eye catching and the use of colour makes it unique.

This is an older image that was taken in the summer, I like this image as the character is glaring right at the camera making her look evil and sinister. We have changed the image alot from the time that this image was taken, this  was the image for the mental home patient, we wanted her to seen quite extravagant and deranged, her hair was curled and backcombed to make it look messy and over the top, her make up is smudged as we wanted her to look grungy, we used black make up so that it would look bold and it could also hint to our characters dark nature, I do like this image and the make up but I feel that the make up we have now used (in the image above) is much more dramatic and eye catching. In this image the character holds a patient sign which is relevant to the film as it will be shown in our trailer, also using this image in a poster would hint to the reader what the film is about. The costume in this image was also symbolic as we used a red dress to symbolize blood and death and gore, so again it could hint to our characters evil nature.



No comments:

Post a Comment