Wednesday 19 October 2011

Minute meetings: choosing a magazine name

As I had a list of names that I had come up with for our magazine I showed my group the list of names and discussed with them which ones we thought were the strongest, my favourites (which I had shown in a list on my previous post) were Rewind, Theatre Thrillers, Flashforward, Final Cut and The film spy.
Enitially my group did not like the title the film spy as they felt that it was too long for a magazine name, however we discussed within the group which was the strongest, most different and relevant name and eventually agreed on 'The Film Spy' as our magazine name.
I am glad that we agreed on this title as I think it has an edge to it, it is informative and creative, our magazine is about new film releases, reviews and sneak previews, so the name itself shows that it is about insider information on new film releases which will attract film fans.
Alot of people will want to read about yet to be released films, so the title itself is strong and effective as it will make the reader curious and intregued.
I will now work on my magazine masthead as I now know what title is being used, below are my first attempts of mastheads:

No comments:

Post a Comment