Saturday 24 September 2011

Images for poster and magazine cover

On Friday my team members and I went to take photos for our magazine cover and  poster
these are the pictures that I have decided to use for my magazine
These are the images that I have decided to use for my poster, I will need to chose just one of the images but I have not yet decided.
This first image I was thinking of using for my magazine - I particularly like this image as I would not need to get rid of the background as the trees create an eerie effect, and also I like how the lighting as it is visible on one side of her hair and gives the image an eerie  ghost like vibe. I think that this image is very strong and I like the serious expression on her face - she looks very striking and this image has that scary edge that I was hoping to create, I also like how the costume can be seen slightly - we had put alot of effort into choosing a costume and in the close up images it cannot really be seen, however this image shows of the black lace sleeve of the dress and it looks incredibly effective as it contrasts with her pale skin, the black costume also symbolises the characters evil nature. Also the pose in this image is quite scary as it looks like she has turned around to face us - it is very direct which makes it seem realistic giving it the scary, serious vibe that I was hoping to create.
This was my favourite image as I really liked the mischievous smile as it hints to the characters evil nature. I was thinking of using this image for my poster as it was bold, striking and dramatic. I especially liked the twigs in the corner bordering her face, as it gives the image a very nice touch, it makes the image seem slightly more sinister as it gives a witch like vibe to the model. I like the angle of her face as her chin is downwards her face looks much longer making her look slightly older and her appearance gives off a haunting vibe her smile is very evil looking - however in this image as it was taken later on in the day Shona's lipstick began to rub off so there is a purple outline around her lips which flaws the image.
            This image is very similar to the last, however I do prefer this image as it has a stronger more powerful vibe. In this image Shona's eyes are wider and more rounded making her look more energetic and alive - the roundness of her eyes makes her appear more intense and scary as she is looking eagerly at the viewer which would make them feel curious, tense and slightly uneasy. However as I will be using a left hand third on my cover the text may interfere with the image too much - on the left side of the image are the twigs which I would like to show on the cover but it would be covered by text. However I may still use this image as it is very Strong and effective and portrays the nature of the film quite well, I think this image gives off a very haunting vibe which would make it suitable to use for promoting the film.



This is the final image that I was thinking of using - I like this image as it is an extreme close up, I really like the empire cover promoting the dark knight, as the extreme close up of the joker gave the cover image a very scary sinister vibe and I thought the use of a close up shot would engage the reader and I thought that it looked extremely effective. This close up I feel has a similar impact as it allows the viewer to see the face of the villain up close and really shows of the dramatic make up. I particularly like the angle of her face as it is titled downwards making the eyes look bigger and more dramatic and elongating her face creating a much more flattering image. The hair in this image is very messed and she has her hands running through her hair as if to suggest she is distressed, by doing this she has made her hair look more volumed, which helps portray the villains over the top eccentric style very well. The expression on this image is also very gripping as she is smiling slightly making her look very evil and slightly mischievous, so overall I think that this image portrays the personality that we wanted to get across to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment