Thursday 1 December 2011

Scripting

For the trailer the scenes that we will show will have no speech, just natural sounds from the environments (for example children playing, the wind, swings etc).
However a voice over will be used, after I suggested that we have a line at the end of the trailer that really scares the viewer and gives them something to think about; something that will really stick in their minds. After me and my team member, Amy, came up with a list of tag lines we decided to use a tag line that we thought would have the biggest impact on the viewers - as there were lots of tag lines to choose from we found it hard to chose one that we agreed on, so we split two separate tag lines in half to make one. Our final tag line is ' Don't look into the mist....She will come for you' we liked this line so we decided to use it as the final line of the trailer, I had also had the idea that each word of the first half 'Dont look into the mist...' would be said by a different voice, this would represent Scarlets question for identity. Also I had suggested that the second half ' She will come for you' should be said in a whispered voice to add an eerie sense of mystery - I am happy with the end line as I think it will have a strong impact on the viewer, I had the idea from re-analysing the trailer for 'Dread' and noticing the chilling end line which I myself found extremely effective.
We also had to discuss the voice over that we had in our trailer, as me and Amy had so many tag lines we decided to mix some of them together to create our opening line. Our opening line is ' My whole life was stolen from me. They are locking me away. Because they think I'm Insane'. The opening line had to be descriptive we wanted the viewers to know what was going on otherwise the trailer would confuse them, the first line is from Scarlets perspective, but the rest will not be.
The next scene will be showing Scarlet having her photo taken - this will not have any dialogue.
The next scene will show Scarlet sitting alone staring at the screen - for this a doctors voice will be heard saying ' she hasn't moved for hours, she just sits there, staring' This would reflect Scarlets emotional state, it also makes her seem quite strange and unnatural which is how her character needs to be presented. Also I thought that by having a doctors voice in the background would let the viewers know where Scarlet is and that she is being observed.
In the flashbacks that Scarlet has there will be a nursery rhyme sung by children in the background - this would seem quite sinister if it is sung slowly, it would also reflect the young girl's innocence.  
There will not be anymore dialogue until later on in the trailer when the camera zooms in on a wanted poster of Scarlet - the the same 'doctor's voice' will say 'now she has escaped. no one is safe'. I like this line as it adds a dramatic serious tone to the trailer, letting the viewers know that Scarlet id not as innocent as she appears to be, the doctor voice will sound quite official we need to find a way to reflect the doctors role and status through the tone of his/her voice.
The final section of dialogue will be the tag line 'Don't look into the mist...She will come for you'.
Also I had the idea that there should be an eerie noise at end the trailer - like Scarlet humming a tune, Amy then suggested that Scarlet could hum the tune of ring around the roses, as it would link back to the rest of our trailer and sound very sinister rather than innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment