Wednesday 7 December 2011

Recording Sound

For our trailer we will have alot of speech in a voice over, so after getting the script finalised, the sound will now need to be recorded. As we will have a child singing a nursery rhyme in the background - which was inspired from watching the trailer for the remake of ' A nightmare on Elm Street' we needed to find a child to sing the nursery rhyme ' ring around the roses'. As Shona was the only one who knew a young girl readily available to be recorded she recorded the singing on Tuesday after we confirmed what she would need to record. I will now record the voice over which will be ready to put onto the trailer next lesson.
For the voice over I had already discussed my ideas with the rest of my group and I had recorded the sounds at home.
The first voice that I recorded would be from Scarlets perspective so the voice had to be soft and quite quiet, the first line was 'My whole life was taken from me. They are locking me away because they think I'm Insane.' This voice was recorded twice as I had to make sure that we had enough choice of sound when my group listen back to it.
Next I recorded the sound of wind - although we did not plan to have this sound in the script I thought that we could add it in where there is silence, to create this sound effect I just blew into the speaker, and added an echo-like effect to it via i-phone.
The next sound was the doctors voice, it was intended for this voice to be male, or to sound 'older' but I felt that I could not get the sound quite right so I filmed this dialogue numerous times.
Next I had to record a whisper saying 'she's behind you...' this would be played when Scarlet's sister is about to be murdered this would act as non-diegetic sound so the audience could hear what is going on but the girl about to be murdered cannot hear this would increase tension.
The last sound that I needed to record was a humming sound which will be at the very end of the trailer - as we will have the nursery rhyme 'ring a ring a roses' in the trailer to make this a continuous sound I decided to hum the tune so that it would run in selected parts of the trailer. The humming itself would create an eerie haunting vibe, which would show the sinister turn of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment